Sofa bed and recliner care guide
Sofa bed and recliner care
At House of Fraser – Sofas, Furniture and Flooring, all our reclining sofas and chairs are pre-set by the manufacturers, and in rare circumstances, adjustments may be required once the furniture has been delivered to your home. If this is the case, please contact our customer service team on 0345 604 6344, who will be happy to arrange for an upholsterer to visit your home. Don’t panic, this service is free of charge to ensure you can receive maximum comfort from your new furniture.
Our stylish range of sofa beds are the perfect solution when you have friends or family staying over, simply pulling out when you need them and doubling up as extra seats during the day. Reclining furniture and sofas beds have been designed to withstand day-to-day use, but there are a few things to take into consideration before using them.
- Ensure animals and children are at a safe distance when opening and closing reclining furniture to avoid any injuries
- Never leave a reclining sofa or chair in the fully reclined position when not in use
- Always ensure to sit right back when operating the recliner mechanisms on chairs or sofas
- Avoid sitting on or leaning over the arms as this can lead to twisting the frame
- Never allow young children to operate recliner mechanisms unless supervised by a responsible adult
- Sofas beds are designed and intended for occasional use only, continuous use may lead to premature wear to the mattress and frame
- Although sofa bed action is manufactured to stringent specifications, please do not sit on the edge of the bed once opened as this may cause the frame to bend.